From a course in the Visual Studies Program at U.C. Berkeley, Fall Semester 2016, taught by Anthony Dubovsky. Included here are the week-by-week project descriptions, preceded by the course description, themes, bibliography and song book. The students' work can be seen on their individual websites as the course develops.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Finishing your digital notebooks
I DO want you to go back through your notebooks, edit as necessary, and make sure images of all your work are posted. And add some thoughts that make sense of the semester in your own way. By filling in missing posts--or by continuing ones that are thin--and by adding a final post--in addition--that sums up the experience.
____
Completing your digital notebooks. Some of you did posts that need an edit--remember, the blogs are public--and your work reflects the class as a whole! I expect good writing and good photos!
I want you to add a concluding post--write something about Songs & Places--what the course (the songs, the places, the history, the stories) have meant to you--how you feel you engaged them, how they changed you (or did you change them?) and maybe where they'll take you as we all "head down this long dusty road..." This should be about your experience of the class--not about your teacher.
It's an opportunity to put what you've done into perspective!
Due date: Wednesday, December 14. Earlier is better if you can. Send me an email when your digital notebook is complete so that I'll know when to look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment